Frequently Asked Questions
96% of the companies who hired international interns via IO New York continued to do so! We offer a free inter recruitment service and we would be more than happy to help you organization finding the right interns, with our free recruitment services.
Why do companies choose for us?
We are affiliated with several top Universities in Europe, thus we can increase your talent pool. We can provide your organization with interns and trainees that meets your companies requirements on regular basis. All interns are screened by IO New York via a qualitative screening process done by IO New York representatives. IO New York handles the entire application process with little to no paperwork for the host organization! On top of that: There are no costs or any fees for the companies working with IO New York.
What are the benefits of hiring international Interns with IO New York?
- Qualified and professional interns/trainees: All applicants applying to your company have been pre-screened by IO New York. During the interview their English, skills and desire for a program placement in the U.S are assessed, ensuring only highly motivated and ambitious applicants.
- All Inters are eligible and pre-screened for the J-1 Exchange Visa. There are no visa or sponsorship costsinvolved for the host company. IO New York handles the entire application process with little to no paperwork for the host organization. The entire visa process is free of charge for the host company.
- By hiring international interns you will cut costs: You do not pay Medicare, Social Security or Unemployment Taxes on International Students.
- IO New York is affiliated with over 60 top universities in Europe. We expand your talent pool and can provide your company with quality candidate applications who meet the company requirements on regular basis.
- Our partnership programs means there is minimum paperwork for the company and you will have spent less valuable time on the screening and hiring process. IO New York is a registered J-1 Exchange Visa partner with several sponsor organizations in the U.S. We have our in-house J-1 Visa Service, which allows us to handles all the J-1 Visa applications as smooth as possible and require little time to do so.
- International students are fluent in English and other languages including German, French and Spanish.
- Minimal paperwork for the host companies. All paperwork is handled by the applicant and IO New York.
- Our service (including the entire visa process) is completely free of charge for the host company. With little to no paperwork for the host company.
- Increase your talent pool with highly motivated, eager to learn, ambitious and skilled interns.
- International interns brings an unique and enriching diversity to your business.
- 96% of the companies who hired international interns via IO New York continued to do so!
The qualifications for hosting companies in the U.S. are as follows:
- Providing a training program that is closely related to the intern/trainee’s education or area of expertise, with a minimum of 32 hours per week.
- Possessing a Worker’s Compensation insurance policy.
- Having an official office location (freelance or home offices are not eligible).
- Having at least a ratio of three employees per intern.
- A possible site visit for companies with less than 25 employees. Or earning less than $3 million in revenue per year
The host company is responsible for 3 forms of documentation pertaining to the J1 visa:
1. Providing a copy of an updated Worker’s Compensation insurance policy
2. Signing a training plan that outlines the intern/trainee’s tasks during the training period. The training plan will be developed by IO New York.
3. Signing a Host Company Agreement that will be filled out by IO New York with your company’s information, including address, contact person, number of employees company-wide, and Employer Identification number (EIN).
How can I propose available internships?
Please contact Lennart Willem van Breugel to propose available internship positions. Email: Lennart(@)io-usa.com
Information for Companies F.A.Q